@Stefan Monnier > Step 1 (same as for GNU ELPA): get the copyright paperwork in order. > I don't see your name in the FSF's copyright assigners list, so > either it's still in process or you haven't started yet. > Let me know if you need help with that. I have not started this. This would be my first contribution to free software, so I'm not very familiar with the process. Would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a rundown of what to do or just point me to the right documentation. About `sticky-shell-prompt-modifiers`, I welcome any feedback on this current approach. My idea was to try to make it simpler for the end user, since: (add-to-list 'sticky-shell-prompt-modifiers '(propertize 'face 'minibuffer-prompt)) would be less verbose then: (advice-add 'sticky-shell-modified-prompt :filter-return (lambda (arg) (propertize arg 'face 'minibuffer-prompt))) Even though they accomplish the same thing. But I'm having second thoughts, as I see how the latter is probably more familiar to Emas users. And I'm also worried about the issue of the macro getting expanded every time we refresh the header line: I was thinking a possible solution would be to create a different macro that defines the function `sticky-shell-modified-prompt', using the user's custom modifying functions, only once when the mode is activated. Honestly, especially if we 're planning on including this as part of `shell.el`, I think the way to go might just be to remove the `sticky-shell-prompt-modifiers` mechanism. If users want to propertize the header or customize it in any way, they can use the `advice-add` function they should already be somewhat used to. @Jean Louis I'm sorry but I am unable to reproduce your issue. Is anyone else experiencing problems with sticky-shell? On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 2:20 PM Jean Louis wrote: > * Andrew De Angelis [2022-12-13 14:48]: > > @Jean Louis, about > > > > > I have tested it, it does not work reliably. > > > > > Thanks for flagging this. What version of Emacs are you running, and do > you > > have any special shell configuration? > > I built Emacs from master last week, did "emacs -q" and sticky-shell > works > > as expected. > > I use development version, it did not work well, I have explained what. > > > -- > Jean > > Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns: > https://www.fsf.org/campaigns > > In support of Richard M. Stallman > https://stallmansupport.org/ >