On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 6:41 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Can you explain why you must use abs_srcdir here, and what is special > about checkinstall that the absolute directory name must be used with > it? > I had the same error as in the stackexchange ``` Compressing *.el etc. ... gzip: ../etc/publicsuffix.txt: No such file or directory make: *** [Makefile:571: install-arch-indep] Error 1 **** Installation failed. Aborting package creation. ``` When I tried to debug, I found that the `pwd` is on ` /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp` at this step with checkinstall. I thought it must be another cd that is not reverted (cd -) but did not find it, using abs_srcdir here did not look bad either. Thanks