Paul Eggert schrieb am So., 21. Mai 2017 um 22:33 Uhr: > Philipp Stephani wrote: > > This apparently hasn't worked, at least I still get the warning, and > > there's no -Wno-missing-braces in WARN_CFLAGS. > > My change didn't add -Wno-missing-braces; it removed -Wmissing-braces. This > sufficed for Fedora 25 x86-64, which has clang 3.9.1. > > Perhaps you're running a different version of Clang, which is pickier? If > so, > you might try the attached patch; if it works, please feel free to install > it. > I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure that adding -Wno-missing-braces should work. The warnings enabled for -Wall and -Wextra change from version to version, so only leaving out -W... will often not be enough, it would be more future-proof to explicitly specify -Wno... in all cases. > > > For Clang, it'd probably be better to use -Weverything and then disable > > individual warnings with -Wno > > I'd rather not spend a lot of time worrying about warnings generated by > compilers other than recent GCC, as there are too many compilers and too > many > false alarms and it's not worth the hassle. But in practice, at least on Unix-like systems, only GCC and Clang matter, and Clang is the primary and often the only compiler on systems such as FreeBSD and macOS. > If you'd like to take up the burden > of pacifying Clang with tricks like the above, though, that should be > fine, as > long as it doesn't burden maintenance for the rest of us. If not, and if > Clang > continues to be a hassle, we can avoid much of the hassle by disabling > warnings > by default when the compiler is Clang. > It's not a trick. If you don't want the warning FOO to be shown, pass -Wno-FOO. That should work consistently for both compilers and all versions. -- Google Germany GmbH Erika-Mann-Straße 33 80636 München Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg Geschäftsführer: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren Sie den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail und alle Anhänge. Vielen Dank. This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the right addressee please do not forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this e-mail including any attachments. Thanks.