On 14 October 2017 at 11:36, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Reuben Thomas > > Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 09:29:52 +0100 > > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , Richard Stallman , > > Noam Postavsky , Sami Kerola < > kerolasa@iki.fi>, emacs-devel@gnu.org, > > João Távora , > > Alan Mackenzie , Leo Liu , > > Stefan Monnier > > > > "...I'd rather let Flycheck die if no maintainer was left to work on it > than moving it into Emacs..." > > > > ​It doesn't have to be moved, just as Org was not moved into Emacs, but > continues to be maintained > > externally, and its sources imported. > > You mean, import Flycheck over its developer's objections? ​Its developer seems to object to its becoming part of Emacs; I'm not suggesting that.​ It's the developer's legitimate > ​ ​ > right not to allow it. (It's released under GPLv3+, so the developer can't disallow it. But it doesn't matter here, and maintaining good relations with upstream is of course important.)​ And even if we did, how will this work once > bug reports will come in, and we will expect/request the Flycheck > developers to handle them? > ​As for any other external package (and with other packages such as Org and CEDET), bug reports should go to the package developers. -- https://rrt.sc3d.org