On 23 October 2017 at 00:18, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > > > We use various non-FSF-copyright C libraries. We don't ship their > > > sources, > > > > > > To "use" a library has many possible meanings. > > > Some of them are ok, some would violate our principles or our > license. > > > Could you explain concretely? > > > > > > ​I'm talking about the various library dependencies of Emacs.​ > > I think you are talking about linking Emacs with nonfree libraries > that are part of the operating system it is being compiled for. Right? > ​No, I mean the various libre libraries it uses, such as libjpeg, libpng, librsvg etc.​ -- https://rrt.sc3d.org