Ok, I believe the problem is with named components. In the old eieio, it allowed nil names, but in the current implementation it requires a name for named components. A work-around in ergoemacs-mode shows the possible issue https://github.com/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode/commit/71319c2cc1874248c885cd6b6e7f826fb24c49a7 Matt. On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > Since I'm here I would also like to add that eieio doesn't work the same > in > > emacs 25. > > There's been many changes to EIEIO's internals, indeed. I've tried to > preserve compatibility so far both for source files and for > byte-compiled files (tho not for files byte-compiled with non-released > Emacs versions). > So if you experience incompatibilities because of the new code, please > report them, > > > Stefan >