I checked out the latest commit, and it looks like there is some more code we need to remove to complete this. On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 9:21 AM Stefan Monnier wrote: > >> > However since we changed to the new style at least 15 years ago, it > >> > seems it would be best to drop the old compatibility (which is your > >> > first preference as well). Who has the power to make that call? > >> That would be Eli, > > I have no opinion on this, provided that the incompatible change is > > clearly documented in NEWS and in relevant places in compile.el (if > > there are such places). > > Thanks, done. > > > Stefan > >