Thanks! I should not change it then and instead verify the double width characters On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:12 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh > > Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:56:03 +0530 > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > admin/notes/unicode says that the zero-width characters are not taken > from EastAsianWidth.txt and also > > there are some zero width characters defined in that which are not > present in the char-width-table in > > lisp/international/characters.el, so should I include them there or is > there some other location from where > > I have to verify the zero width characters? > > Emacs doesn't really display zero-width characters as having zero > width, certainly not on TTY frames, where char-width-table is most > important. So I don't think we should change this, not in general. > But if there are specific characters where we really display them as > nothing, we could discuss that case by case. >