Well I just made a fresh new emacs directory copied the unicode 15 files there and compiled it, and insert-char is now working as intended there! Maybe I did something wrong in the old one or it was something else. Thanks On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 12:35 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh > > Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:03:33 +0530 > > Cc: rpluim@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > Suppose you tell what exactly did you do with "C-x 8 RET" that didn't > > work? > > > > After typing "C-x 8 RET" I type the names of the newly added characters > such as "kawi", > > "nag mundari" etc in the prompt and then try to TAB autocomplete it but > they do not appear, > > also when describe-char-ing these characters > > their unicode name also does not show up in Character code properties > > And this is after rebuilding Emacs following all the changes in the > admin/unidata/ files? > > Do the new characters appear in admin/unidata/unidata.txt? That file > was supposed to be re-generated from new UnicodeData.txt. >