вт, 9 мар. 2021 г. в 12:28, Alan Third : > On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 11:34:28AM +0300, Evgeny Zajcev wrote: > > вт, 9 мар. 2021 г. в 00:59, Alan Third : > > > > > As for default behaviour, I'm inclined to stick with what we have > > > where scaling down uses best and scaling up uses nearest neighbour but > > > any use of :filter (or whatever) over-rides the default. Anyone have > > > an opinion? Do we just want to use best everywhere by default? > > > > > > > I vote for "best" everywhere by default, making doc-view shine out-of-box > > This might be a stupid question, but would it not make more sense to > teach doc-view to generate images that are the correct resolution > already? That would make it look much better than any scaling option. > This will involve many tricks to be added, doc-view uses image-mode to view the image, and user can change (enlarge) window size at any moment, so doc-view must add some handlings for that to regenerate/redisplay images. Also using larger images makes things slower, then just applying scale filter at display time. -- lg