пн, 8 мар. 2021 г. в 21:58, Alan Third : > On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 05:27:44PM -0600, Stefan Kangas wrote: > > Evgeny Zajcev writes: > > > > >> The reason nearest was chosen was because scaled up pixel art (emojis, > > >> mostly, like etc/images/smilies/wry.xpm) looked abominable > > > > Doesn't it seem like a bad trade-off to improve rendering of smileys at > > the cost of rendering PDF:s worse? I rarely if ever use doc-view, but > > testing it now seems to produce less than stellar results (i.e. the text > > is barely readable). > > This is the first I've heard of any complaints about the rendering of > PDFs, and I don't view them in Emacs. Certainly nobody brought it up > when the change was implemented, so the trade-off wasn't considered. > > I don't feel strongly about this. Can someone try the "best" filter > and see if good is an improvement over it? We use best for scaling > down, so if we're happy with best for scaling up then we can just > remove the code that sets it completely. Or go with good across the > board, but best is, y'know, better. ;) > BEST looks even better then good - http://lgarc.narod.ru/pics/upscaled-best.png comparing to http://lgarc.narod.ru/pics/upscaled-good.png and http://lgarc.narod.ru/pics/upscaled-nearest.png Is it possible to access image type at the filter application time? in that case we can apply NEAREST for small xpm files and BEST otherwise -- lg