чт, 24 дек. 2020 г. в 13:37, Eli Zaretskii : > On December 24, 2020 11:30:57 AM GMT+02:00, Evgeny Zajcev < > lg.zevlg@gmail.com> wrote: > > What is this `image-compute-scaling-factor' function for? > > > > It operates with some insane "typical character" definition. In old > > times > > this "typical character" thing might had some common sense, but > > nowadays > > with huge monitors and dense DPI, this "typical character" thing is > > insane > > > > What should `auto' image-scaling-factor *really* do? > > > > Thanks > > Doesn't the doc string of create-image (which does the scaling) answer > your question? > Sorry, I don't understand it, why 10 pixels? In my case `auto' creates very large images (i.e. (frame-char-width) ==> 30), so scaling factor is 3. This creates very large images by default. I know I can set `image-scaling-factor` to whatever I need. However I want to understand the default behaviour decision, why 10 pixels is considered as "typical character" width? I think, by default `create-image' should create images that look good when inserted into buffer, that is *not* what I get by default. -- lg