I think it was like that in XEmacs and always +1 to doing things carefully :-) On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 16:48, Robert Pluim wrote: > >>>>> On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 10:17:46 -0500, Stefan Kangas < > stefankangas@gmail.com> said: > > Stefan> Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> What would that mean for users that currently save their > >> customizations through Custom in .emacs? Would it mean that the > next > >> time they save customizations, they will be written to another file > >> and removed from .emacs? > > Stefan> Good question. > > Stefan> I imagine that we would just leave things in place for such > users. It > Stefan> would be slightly jarring to have things moved around behind > the users > Stefan> back. > > Stefan> But maybe it would be a good idea to provide a migration > command to > Stefan> conveniently move things. > > Stefan> Or we could prompt the user about moving it. To avoid being > annoying, > Stefan> we could record the answer, and not prompt again if the > question was > Stefan> already asked. > > Didnʼt XEmacs have a "would you like to move .emacs to > .xemacs/init.el" startup thingy? Itʼs been a while since I used > XEmacs. *If* we did this, weʼd have to be very careful when it got > triggered, lest hordes of pitchfork-wielding users descend. > > Robert > -- > -- Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler