OK, I have narrowed it down with a fresh compile done yesterday and I'm going to report as a bug... Best, /PA On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 at 09:33, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Richard Stallman > > Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:08:40 -0500 > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > I suggest we make it easy to specify either fixed-width or > > variable-width for the mode line font, make a release with that, then > > invite users to tell us which they prefer _and why_. > > The NEWS file already says how to get back the fixed-pitch mode line. > > The feature was enabled on master for a limited period, after which we > will collect feedback. We didn't yet decide how will Emacs 29 be > released in this regard -- it's too early to worry about that, anyway. > -- Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler