* Re: Re: cc-mode fontification feels random
@ 2021-06-06  5:33 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2021-06-06  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> Then why use TRAMP at all?  Anyway, this is just an aside, but running
> the server remotely and also editing the files via TRAMP is still
> popular and predates LSP by many years: Many use the SLIME or SLY Common
> Lisp IDEs like that, pretty effectively.  Personally I prefer running an
> Emacs on the remote machine, but there's clearly a share of users who
> like to keep use one local Emacs for everything.

When you are dealing with Virtual Machines that have a very specific
purpose (Network Function Virtualisation comes to my mind where every
specific component and package needs to be certified, and, on top, every
byte counts), I've see the real advantage in TRAMP to access the VM and fix
configurations. Another example can be the different impersonation of
containers, where the environment is even tighter. In all these cases, I
can't see  emacs or LSP running on the target environment.

Best, /PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler