Linus Torvalds supposedly uses a version of mg (formerly Micro GNU Emacs) that is maintained along with the Linux kernel: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/editors/uemacs/uemacs.git Hope that helps, ~Chad On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 6:27 PM Jeffrey Walton wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I'm trying to find a lightweight C-only implementation of Emacs for > Linux. I need it for situations like this: > https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/9682 . > > Searching is pretty much useless due to irrelevant results. I found > Zile at https://www.gnu.org/software/software.html#allgnupkgs , but it > fails to build (it configures OK). > > I understand I will probably loose some functionality due to decoupling > Lisp. > > Does anyone have a list of Emacs replacements? > > Thanks in advance. > > Jeff > >