On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 11:16 AM Gregory Heytings wrote: > > Just switch the direction by the prefix arg '-'. Its handling could be > > easily implemented. It seems better to extend repeat.el to allow using > > the last key of the last command, add handling of universal arguments, > > and all this without using add-advice and hooks. > > IMO it is would be much better to map the existing repeat command to a > single keystroke, it would make any command repeatable without changing > anything else, and it already handles universal arguments. I think C-= > would be the best key for this: not only is "=" a good mnemonic for "same > command", but it is also next to the "-" key to change the direction. > I played with a version of Juri's patch that bound "." to repeat the repeatable command, and then tried to implement "," to that command passed -1, but I had a little trouble getting it to DTRT, and then got sidetracked by a version that used #'repeat instead of this-command. I mention this mostly to say that the actual ui of last key/./, was pretty nice in my testing. ~Chad