On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 7:54 PM Po Lu wrote: > Stefan Monnier writes: > > > What I read here is "we should move each GUI event loop into its own > > thread" :-) > > That's not ok, as Xlib (used by both those toolkits, and also Emacs > itself) is not thread safe. > > Even though it can be thread safe at first glance, having multiple > threads work at the same time will mess up request serial tracking, and > `x_error_catcher' and friends will stop working. > I'm not up to doing the work myself, and obviously I'm not asking anyone else to do so, but I wonder if anyone has looked at moving emacs from Xlib to XCB? ~Chad