Please forgive the late mid-thread reply; I was on the road. On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 1:56 PM Yuan Fu wrote: > Yeah using a single cache would probably result in a lot of misses since > Emacs don’t fontify the whole buffer at once. > While it's true that Emacs doesn't fontify whole buffers under the current scheme, based on what I've read of tree-sitter (caveat: a fairly long while back), I think it might be reasonable to move to a whole-buffer-and-repair strategy for emacs+treesit, and that might provide some nice simplification along the way. Is there a good way to try this strategy now? I avoid JS whenever possible, and that seems like it might be the current-best test case... Thanks, ~Chad