On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 8:33 AM Robert Pluim wrote: > So this was a combination of me forgetting to add 'emoji' into the > list of 'simple' scripts in fontset.el, and the following code in > macfont.m: > > /* Don't use a color bitmap font unless its family is > explicitly specified. */ > if ((sym_traits & kCTFontTraitColorGlyphs) && NILP (family)) > continue; > > Yamamoto-san, Iʼm not sure I understand the rationale for excluding > colour fonts unless explicitly requested, could you elaborate? > I moved away from macOS several months ago, but if memory serves, this was (at the time) a feature that only worked on non-free OSs, and a request was made (from Richard, if memory serves twice) to limit the feature until it could be adequately supported on free/libre systems. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, please accept my apologies in advance. ~Chad