* Question about modeline usage
@ 2020-09-15 18:36 chad
From: chad @ 2020-09-15 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EMACS development team

While reviewing some of the recent proposals for potential UI adjustments
for Emacs 28, the default modeline format came up repeatedly. At least
outside of emacs-devel, alternative modeline packages are very popular, and
discussion seems to be building towards perhaps suggesting some changes
there.

This prompts me to ask: does anyone here use the default mouse-1 and/or
mouse-3 bindings on the buffer name? I'm not asking about people that
heavily customize the modeline, but rather about people that use the
default (or minor variations thereof).

Feel free to reply here, or to send replies directly to me, and I'll
summarize.

Thanks in advance.
~Chad