On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Tom wrote: > We are only interested in packages which are shipped with emacs, > so we should query only those. On the contrary, those packages which are widely adopted by users despite not being shipped with Emacs are of the _greatest_ interest, by virtue of the fact that large numbers of users have decided that the functionality they provide is important enough to warrant making the effort to install them from ELPA or Marmalade or Github or wherever else. The popularity of third-party libraries such as dash.el ("a modern list library for Emacs")[0] and s.el ("the long lost Emacs string manipulation library")[1] demonstrates that many users find Emacs' support for such functionality inadequate and points out an obvious opportunity for improvement by addressing those weaknesses in Emacs proper. [0] https://github.com/magnars/dash.el [1] https://github.com/magnars/s.el Josh