Oh,I could start vi! ;-) How do I install Emacs? Can I access my files on dropbox, Google drive, etc? On Nov 25, 2013 4:33 AM, "Jay Belanger" wrote: > > > >>> Thanks, nice idea, but unfortunately I think I need good editing > >>> capabilities locally on my android phone for it to be really useful. > >>> It has to be fast and easy to use. > >> > >> May be you can do like this: > >> 1. root your device > > > > Thanks Feng, but I can run other editors on Android without root. ;-) > > GNURoot (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=champion.gnuroot) > almost does what Feng suggested, but without root. It isn't as direct as > a native Emacs and you'd have to run it without X, though. >