On Dec 26, 2014 8:19 PM, "Steinar Bang" wrote: > > >>>>> Lennart Borgman : > > > Sure it can, but it looks to me like microdata (rather similar to > > RDFa) is preferred by the search engines now. > > Do you mean "microformat"? It is called microdata, see http://schema.org > I would be very surprised if google et. al > didn't look for both. So would I be, but at the moment microdata seems to come first. > > But that's beside the point. What I meant that RDFa is a good way to > add semantic information to the page, in a form that can be used by an > emacs HTML-info browser: you can define your own property types in an > RDFa compliant manner. Yes. And you can do the same with microdata I think.