That makes sense. But I only brought up the MELPA example because I recently encountered a security bug in a MELPA package. There's no reason ELPA packages can't have similar security bugs (I just don't have an example of this at the moment), and I figured it might be a good idea to have some support for making it easier for users to quickly get security updates for packages, regardless of what repository they're using. On Sat, Aug 13, 2022, 8:23 PM Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > We do not endorse or point to MEPLA, because it doesn't uphold our > principles of rejecting nonfree software. So we don't get involved in > maintaining MELPA. We have nothing to do with it. > > When there is a package that happens to be in MELPA that we want to > recommend to users, we can put it in NonGNU ELPA. There, we can give > it a little emergency maintenance if that seems called for. > > -- > Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org) > Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org) > Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org) > Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org) > > >