* Does recent great work on separating the bytecode stack make it easier to show bytecode offsets in a traceback?
@ 2022-04-30 16:25 Rocky Bernstein
From: Rocky Bernstein @ 2022-04-30 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I recently compiled GNU Emacs master (29.0.50ish) and saw the great work
done to separate the bytecode stack. In this thread
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-03/msg00330.html I see
a lot of concerns, but no thanks.

So thanks Mattias Engdegård!

I especially like and appreciate the comment in the C code in bytecode.c
showing the Bytecode interpreter stack.

Now that we have a more normal bytecode stack, we have "saved_pc"
shouldn't it be possible to easily show the bytecode offset in
lisp/emacs-lisp/backtrack.el ?

Prior work on this can be found in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-07/msg00711.html

Thanks again.