Yes, I agree. I suggested it due to a misinterpretation of lisps rules. I would still like to implement #"..." but I'm not sure it would be accepted. On Friday, July 25, 2014, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: > Matthew Plant writes: > > > What if we assume that any string surrounded immediately by > > parenthesis is a raw string literal? > > Please don't. SXEmacs and XEmacs have had rawstring literals for many > years using the syntax #r"...". It may not be the best way to do > this, but it's (Common) Lisp-y, the prefix notation is familiar from > at least one popular non-Lisp language (Python), and it's about as > short a notation as you can imagine (I don't recall why #"..." was > out, though). > > Use of parens for this purpose is likely to have wide-ranging > implications, as it means that they no longer have unambiguous > semantics, but require lookahead to interpret. > > > >