I was under the impression that any ASCII character (with a few exceptions, but not including "#") could be used to define a variable. I see know that was a mistake. I also support #"foo", although #r"foo" seems unnecessarily verbose. On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Matthew Plant writes: > > > I would argue that is still workable, through various hacks. In the cond > > case if you wanted to specify I raw string literal you would do > > (("default")), which I think is still illegal. > > Yes, that's illegal. But why not #"foo" (like in Clojure regexps)? Or > SXEmacs version of raw strings #r"foo"? To me, that reads much better > than ("foo") and is much less ambiguous. > > Bye, > Tassilo > > >> > What if we assume that any string surrounded immediately by > >> > parenthesis is a raw string literal? I'm pretty sure every instance > >> > of ("...") is currently illegal,... > >> > >> Nope, inside a `cond', ("default") is a short alternative for (t > >> "default"). >