I would argue that is still workable, through various hacks. In the cond case if you wanted to specify I raw string literal you would do (("default")), which I think is still illegal. On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Matthew Plant writes: > > Hi Matthew, > > > I think that raw string literals would be a really nice thing to add > > to Emacs lisp. > > Yes, indeed. > > > What if we assume that any string surrounded immediately by > > parenthesis is a raw string literal? I'm pretty sure every instance > > of ("...") is currently illegal,... > > Nope, inside a `cond', ("default") is a short alternative for (t > "default"). > > Bye, > Tassilo >