Hi, On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:38 PM Robert Pluim wrote: > And visually this looks like itʼs a bitmap font, even though you're > using the FreeType backend? Indeed. > With no config file, why is Emacs deciding to use the 'x' font > backend? Do you have a .Xresources file or similar? I do have .Xdefaults but nothing emacs related there, I'm attaching it for reference. > İsmail> Then it says "Font 'Consolas' is not defined" > > With no config file, rather than '-Q', right? No, that's with my normal emacs configuration. Regards, ismail