On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote: > Le Wang writes: > > >> 4. Sometimes it fails to work as advertised. For instance, if I type > >> `ltx' this file is shown first on the list of matches: > >> > >> lib/Target/NVPTX/NVPTXLowerAggrCopies.h > >> > >> but I would expect > >> > >> lib/Target/X86/* (* meaning any file under that subdirectory). > >> > > > > 1. The algorithm favors basepaths heavily. > > 2. I ended up considering all capitals to be beginning of word. > > > > This means ltx is matching as expected. As you supply more letters, > better > > results should float to the top. > > Okay. Knowing this makes for a much more effective usage. > > >> 5. Another quirk is that it rejects capital letters. For instance, if I > >> type `lT' it shows no matches, but in fact there are lots of files > >> like this: > >> > >> lib/Target/... > >> > >> Actually, typing just `T' fails to find any candidate, but there are > >> lots files with a capital T on its name. > >> > > > > I hadn't considered people might do this. :-) Will fix soon. > > Ideally, when using capital letters those candidates that matched case > would get higher points. > I fixed this bug. Capital letters are considered word beginnings so they are always preferred. More quirks: > > C-s, C-r etc stops working on ido after enabling flx. > I opened a bug on github to track this. > > One Emacs instance started to quickly use memory and had to kill it when > noticed that the system was furiously paging. That Emacs instance was > doing nothing, just showing a prompt of 3 candidates for kill-buffer. > It'd be good to get repro steps for this. With ido, C-x k (kill-buffer) usually offers the current buffer as the > first candidate. After activating flx, that's not necessarily so. > The completion list should change until you hit the first letter. After that flx takes over sorting. Is this what you're seeing? > While navigating directory trees with find-file, at certain point no > candidates where listed as soon as any string was entered. With no > input, all candidates were shown. I was unable to replicate the problem. > I opened a bug on github to track this. But I don't actually use ido, so it may take some time to get around to this. Follow up in the bug if you have more repro details. Thanks. -- Le