From: Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu>,
	Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>,
	 emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: disable automatic native-compilation?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 14:32:54 -0400	[thread overview]

I see a discussion under bug #50666 -
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50666 [ note - only
found by google site search on lists.gnu.org for "Ken Brown" "cygwin"
"native", the bug did not show up when I used debbugs's search for
bugs for package "emacs" with "cygwin" in the subject ].
It seems to have focused on the 32-bit architecture, but I only use
64-bit targets.
I'm updating dozens of packages at a time, although the practical
limit seems to be 20-30 in a pass before I get an error about having
run out of some resource (process ids or file descriptors or something
along those lines, not sure).  In any case, if the eln files are
asynchronously getting rebased before being loaded, perhaps there's a
race condition somewhere?
I can file a bug if merited.

Lynn