On Wed, Mar 1, 2023, 11:36 AM Vasilij Schneidermann wrote: > > > Deriving from prog-mode feels weird since YAML is not a programming > > language. > > Yes, that was pretty much my reasoning. To quote the `prog-mode` > docstring: "Major mode for editing programming language source code." > > Unless there's some XSLT equivalent for YAML, I do not see it being > programming language source code at all. > Perhaps "programming language" is intended to mean that a given file is "legal" is decidable (which lets TeX off the hook). YAML has been argued to be several things (configuration, > serialization, text) and having to choose one in particular cannot work > out in a satisfying way unless it's about a very basic property not > based on opinion > The YAML spec is insistent that it is a data serialization format. Lynn