On Sat, Jul 30, 2022, 12:43 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Lynn Winebarger > > Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:32:27 -0400 > > Cc: luangruo@yahoo.com, emacs-devel > > > > Does this happen with any package we actually preload via loadup.el? > > > > If you're not going to support using site-load except in the most > trivial of ways, then you should say that in the > > documentation. > > Did I say that we are not going to support this? > > I asked an informative question, with the purpose of figuring out how > urgent it is for us to fix this issue. Do I really deserve a cold > shower for asking such questions? > I'm sorry, I misread the exchange with Po and the response to my other question as being dismissive, and I see I was incorrect. I just spent way too many hours stepping through code looking for some weird memory corruption issue before discovering the location of the hack in the source. I had actually looked for it before in lread.c, but for some reason did not find it, since I had seen references to this kind of issue in the documentation. Thanks for the attention to the matter - I believe others have answered these questions, I'll respond to those. Lynn