On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 2:12 AM Stefan Monnier wrote: > > I am curious as to why the system doesn't just produce trampolines for > all > > the system calls AOT in a single module. > > Trampolines are needed for any native-compiled function which > gets redefined. We could try to build them eagerly when the > native-compiled function is compiled, and there could be various other > ways to handle this. There's room for improvement here, but the current > system works well enough for a first version. > While I was going over the archives for answers to my questions (following Eli's observation), I found these gems: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-02/msg00599.html https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-02/msg00724.html I have the impression these ideas/concerns got lost in all the other work required to get the first release ready, but I could have missed a follow-up definitively knocking them down. Lynn