On Sun, Jul 31, 2022, 4:22 PM Lynn Winebarger wrote: > On Mon, Jul 25, 2022, 4:11 PM Andrea Corallo wrote: > >> >> BTW I think so far we do not support re-dumping Emacs twice with native >> code. This is not a deep technical limitaiton, it's only because how we >> fixup relative eln paths to support installed and non installed builds, >> we should probably work on this limitation... > > > I still can't figure out why building with native compilation and a > site-load file was producing an error about trying to load an incoherent > ELN file. > I found the problem - when I run make in the src directory, the variables for the ELN and bin destinations are blank, which causes the code in loadup that is supposed to make the compilation unit names into pairs to not bother. Maybe these two variables should get constructed in src/Makefile.in? Running make from the src directory shouldn't result in an unusable dump file. I'd probably make the code in loadup either throw an error or come up with some reasonable default. If you insist on having the final installation specified, then it should just error during the build instead of producing a dump guaranteed to fail when loaded. Otherwise, either use some dummy values or just treat the build directory as the install directory. Lynn