+1 for having this in core. On 5 November 2015 at 22:33, John Wiegley wrote: > >>>>> Ted Zlatanov writes: > > > Something like > > (setq message-handler 'alert-message-handler) > > > defaulting to nil, to use the built-in. Do you need a patch for this? > > Patches for: > > 1. that > 2. moving alert.el into core > 3. proper documentation for the Info > 4. addition to the NEWS file > > Let me know how you'd like to break this up and we can do it together. Then > others here can review the patch set. > > I'll have time for this from Monday, when my work travel is over. > > Thanks! > John > >