On Monday, March 24, 2014, Bois Francois-Xavier wrote: > > > font-lock-tag-name-face > > > font-lock-tag-bracket-face > > > > These seem very HTML specific, so not really appropriate for > font-lock-*-face. > > > > I am thinking of markdown, apache-mode, wiki/ini-mode, org-mode (not > sure for this one), and of course all the xml/html modes > > > > > > font-lock-attr-name-face > > > > This one probably corresponds to "argument names", so in Lisp it could > > be used for keyword symbols. IOW I'm OK with adding such a face. > > > > > font-lock-attr-value-face > > > > AFAIK an attribute value is an expression, so I'm not sure why we'd want > > to give it a special face. I guess it's another way to say that this is > > also too HTML-specific to make much sense for font-lock-*-face. > > > > > font-lock-symbol-face > > > > I have no idea what this one is, neither for HTML nor for any other mode. > > I was thinking of this kind of syntax (with js or ruby) > > {symbolX: "aa", symbolY: 123} Can be used for Lisp's keyword type (:something) as well.