On 26 November 2013 05:18, Glenn Morris wrote: > > When installing changes by others, please think about the copyright > assignment aspect. The rule is, we can accept no more than 10-15 lines > total (cumulative over all changes) from any one person without an > assignment. Changes that fall under that rule should be marked "(tiny > change") in the ChangeLog. > I'm aware of this. I also know Sebastian from working on other projects and he recently mentioned that he has signed the FSF contributor agreement, that's why I didn't brought up the matter. > > I'd say this one qualifies as a tiny change (although it's more than 15 > lines, much of it is mechanical). We would probably need a copyright > assignment to accept any more from this author, though. > Also, please try and use --author when you commit someone else's changes > (Emacs can do this for you). > Actually I committed this with Sebastian as the author, but I did so using a git-bzr bridge and although in git I see him as the committer in bzr it's me. I guess I should apply patches from other people using bzr directly since obviously git-bzr doesn't handle this aspect of the workflow correctly. > > > BTW, I think it would be nicer if I could write: > > (put 'comint-run 'interactive-only 'make-comint) > > instead of: > > (put 'comint-run 'interactive-only "Use `make-comint' instead") > I've been thinking the same thing, but I noticed that some texts were more complex than the common pattern, which is probably the motivation for the use of the string argument. I'll think a bit more how this could be improved further. > > Also, the installed change is inconsistent as to whether "Use `foo' > instead" should end in a period (I guess it should). > > Also also, maybe "; use `foo' instead." with no preceding newline would > look better most of the time? > I'll have a look at this.