+1 for "transient". On 22 December 2013 02:36, Chong Yidong wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > >> This function, new in Emacs 24.4, seems to have nothing to do with > >> overlays in the usual Emacs sense. So it's a bad name. > >> > >> How about renaming it to `set-transient-keymap'? > > > > 'set-temporary-overriding-map', perhaps? > > This might be confusing, since overriding-local-map takes precedence > over the temporary map. > > The reason I think "transient" is a good term to use is that we already > use that word in Emacs in `transient-mode-map' to mean the same sort of > behavior: a mode of operation which features disappears after doing > something, returning you to the previous behavior. (We also use the > word "electric" similarly, but that is a lot more cryptic.) > >