On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 9:25 AM Stefan Monnier wrote: > Looks like you force-pushed a slightly different version of this patch > to your upstream repository. So `elpa.git` now can't track your > upstream repository because it's not a "fast forward" any more. > > % make fetch/triples > emacs --batch -l admin/elpa-admin.el -f elpaa-batch-fetch-and-show > "triples" > Fetching updates for triples... > Upstream of triples has DIVERGED! > > Local changes: > 9673b6de5e ahyatt@gmail.com Compilation fixes by Stefan Monnier. > > Upstream changes: > bc0fb6fc91 ahyatt@gmail.com Compilation fixes by Stefan Monnier. > > % > > Could you resolve this by `git merge 9673b6de5e` into your > upstream branch? > Apologies, I didn't even realize that ELPA git was automatically doing this. Just to be clear, by "upstream", you mean, in this case, my github repo? > > In case you don't have commit 9673b6de5e any more in your local clone, > you can fetch it from `elpa.git` as follows: > > git fetch git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git externals/triples > git merge FETCH_HEAD > Done > > And please refrain from force pushing to a public branch unless it's > *really* indispensable. > Thanks, will do - now I understand what's going on! > > > Stefan > >