On Wed, Jan 4, 2023 at 3:03 AM Jean Louis wrote: > * Andrew Hyatt [2023-01-03 01:29]: > > I've created a new package called ekg, which can be found at > > https://github.com/ahyatt/ekg. I'd like to add it to NonGNU ELPA. > > Great to see new package. > > My opinions are not related to recording it to NonGNU ELPA. > > Related to design, and being heavy user of 1736 different tags, it is > alright to search within titles, but that only titles are tags is not > quite in place. That it isn't unique to ekg, does not make it > better. Maybe there is no need to talk about tags in that place. > > I search by title, and by tags, or by both, and by other complexities. > > A document may be named "Certificate of Good Standing" and can have > tag "todo" or tag "Armenia", or "free" or anything that is not > directly related to title. > > I leave that to you. However, I see that the idea comes from the > following problem you encountered: > > > The advantage of this method is that it solves something that has > > bothered me for a while about the recent suite of tools like org-roam: > > backlinks are non-symmetrical. If you enter a note in your org-roam > > daily about emacs, and link it to the emacs note, then when you go to > > the emacs note, you have to explicitly enable the backlinks buffer to > > see the daily entry where you first entered it. Systems such as Logseq > > and the original Roam have backlinks alongside normal content, but > > this doesn’t seem possible in emacs, where a buffer of a file is > > expected show the file, and tricks with overlays can’t solve the > > issue > > Your paragraph has explained something, I get only vague clue about > the main point. > > Can you provide screenshot? > I've attached a screenshot of ekg, showing a document about "chicago style pizza" and a reference to it. They both have the same tags: the date they were created on, and "chicago style pizza". If I want a note to show up when I look at the "chicago style pizza" tag, then I tag it with that tag, not link it. This is opposed to the other way of doing it, where you have to use another buffer. I'm including a screenshot of how org-roam does it. But that's different also to how Logseq does it, which is to have the backlinks inline. I'm attaching a third screenshot to show you what I mean there, see the "Unlinked references" at the bottom. > > Is your main point to show the buffer with backlinks at all times? > My main point is that it shouldn't be in a separate buffer. I want it inline. It doesn't work to have it inline in the note itself, but it does work if you have a buffer that lists all notes with the tag, and instead of linking references to get the backlinks, you just tag things the same way. Hope this helps. > > Or to record the backlinks in first place? > > > One of the notable design choices is that this is built on top of my > triples > > package (which has been added to GNU ELPA), and so everything, notes, > tags, > > URLs, and all, is stored in a sqlite database. > > That is good, I may test it and see how it works and if it is scalable. > > -- > Jean > > Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns: > https://www.fsf.org/campaigns > > In support of Richard M. Stallman > https://stallmansupport.org/ >