On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM, John Wiegley wrote: > >>>>> Stefan Monnier writes: > > > So, now that I stepped down, we need to find a new maintainer (or a new > > maintainer-team). > > I'd like to self-nominate for that role, Stefan. > John would be an excellent maintainer (or co/head maintainer), in my opinion. - Travis On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM, John Wiegley wrote: > >>>>> Stefan Monnier writes: > > > So, now that I stepped down, we need to find a new maintainer (or a new > > maintainer-team). > > I'd like to self-nominate for that role, Stefan. I've been contributing to > Emacs since 1994, and have loved it all the while. Emacs Lisp remains a > very > enjoyable language to write certain types of code in. > > Some things I'd like to see happen to Emacs are more efficiency, closing > bugs, > and wider adoption of some of our newest features, like lexical scoping. > That > said, I'm also excited by new prospects, and wonder what can be done in the > area of concurrency (in some form), a new language under the hood (Guile?), > etc. > > Emacs is my favorite application, by far, and the one I spend the most time > in, both professionally and personally. It's my programming environment, > E-mail reader, IRC client, task manager, note taker, and occasional shell. > I'm > hoping it will still be the best choice for these things after twenty > _more_ > years of use, and perhaps as head maintainer I could help keep things > moving > in that direction. > > John > >