Question about these "bidirectional" merge situations: how often do they happen and what is an example of one? I'm honestly curious, as it seems that such a development flow would imply a cyclic set of dependencies between the two branches. A _needs_ to be in sync with B only if it has a dependency on work in the B branch and vice versa, so if A and B branches both need to be constantly sync'd with each other, that means they have cyclic dependencies, right? On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > >> The core of the problem is bidirectional merging. > > If I understand what you mean by "bidirectional merging", then monotone > > handles it nicely (http://www.monotone.ca/). > > By bidirectional merging, I mean that you have two parallel branches > that should be kept in sync, so that any commit on branch A should be > sync'd to branch B and vice versa. Yet branch A and branch B are not > identical (there's a "constant" diff between the two). > > > Stefan > >