On Wed, Mar 8, 2023, 15:52 Yuri Khan wrote: > On Wed, 8 Mar 2023 at 22:27, João Távora wrote: > > OK. So if someone puts this function elsewhere and Eglot > > can take advantage, that's fine and dandy. Where would you > > put a dotted-settings-to-plist function? > > I do not know if I would at all. As I said, it is an informal > convention. It skirts a number of corner cases, and as soon as you try > to build a sound implementation, you are forced to address those, > which breeds incompatible dialects. > > (As a few examples, on the first sight, it looks as if the dotted path > is a dot-separated concatenation of unquoted object keys going from > the root object. What do you do if one of the keys contains a dot? a > space? What if one of the keys being traversed is an empty string? > What if you need to traverse an array?) Right, i see your point. Then I'd say again that it maybe belongs in Eglot because -- presumably -- LSP options objects don't incur in those edge cases. I just expect people to be able to read > ‘rust-analyzer.assist.emitMustUse (default: false)’ in documentation > and write > > { > "rust-analyzer": { > "assist": { > "emitMustUse": true > } > } > } > > in a JSON config or > > rust-analyzer: > assist: > emitMustUse: true > > in YAML. > Indeed. And why not a plist, since we're in lisp land? :) João >