On Sat, Nov 19, 2022 at 9:36 AM Stephen Leake < stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote: > João Távora writes: > > > Hi Stephen, > > > > Look in the bug tracker: there's someone implementing a better > > progress indicator with an implementation that looks very good > > from what I've seen so far and uses LSP interfaces. > > > > Here it is: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59149 > > > > We can/should try to coalesce the "eglot--spinner" with that. > > That is better than using the mode-line, and meets my needs. > > So I suggest we just delete eglot--spinner. I'd say you're right, I can't find a use for it atm. Also delete the part of the mode-line updating where it is consulted, as that is basically dead code right now. IIRC it was used when there was some RLS-specific code that informed the user that RLS was not ready for some LSP requests yet. Perhaps we can still think of putting the progress indication resulting from Danny's patch in the Eglot-specific mode-line section. João