On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 4:58 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Still getting "malformed"; I think with Gmail the only way to post > patches is to include the patch in an attachment. Probably. I normally copy-paste the thing into a buffer and M-x diff-mode there, fix any bugs manually. > Yes. Or if the system has identified that an unterminated string > exists, and the user moves to a different line outside the > fontified-as-unterminated-string area. If that's possible. :-) It is, I think. So the feature, which I have dubbed "the antiblink" is now in a scratch/jit-lock-antiblink branch. It should be much more stable and works mostly from the post-command-hook and a new idle timer. It includes your "immediate refontify if left" idea, Lars. And Stefan, the code should now be much easier to understand. Cheers, João