Hello all, A while back I coded up a feature in a scratch branch that I dubbed the "antiblink". It helps avoid the fontification "blinking" behaviour observed when creating temporarily unterminated strings to source code. I recall that Lars and Clément tested it with generally positive results. At Stefan's request, I have reworked the implementation and cleaned up the feature, which is embodied in the jit-lock-antiblink-grace variable and want to land it on master if no-one objects. If you want to try it before that happens see the scratch/jit-lock-antiblink-cleaned-up branch. jit-lock-antiblink-grace is set to 2 seconds by default, which works nicely in my testing. Just launch your emacs, ensure you don't have a quote-matching facility such as electric-pair-mode setup (in which case the feature is mostly useless to you), and add/or remove strings to some source code. Thanks, João Távora BTW: I tried to force-push the cleaned-up version to the scratch/jit-lock-antiblink branch. It didn't work. Is force-pushing disabled in those branches? It didn't use to be, IIRC.