On Tue, Aug 29, 2023, 03:21 Emanuel Berg wrote: > Alan Mackenzie wrote: > > > In C, we have the very useful conditional compilation > > directives introduced by #if or #ifdef, etc., which end at > > #end. > > Those are directives to the C preprocessor and some people say > it is a sign of weakness such a thing is even necessary to > begin with. > > Let's see if they are right! > > What problem do you have? If we can solve it in Elisp, we > cannot say those people saying that are wrong. > FWIW, Common Lisp has reader macros to solve the problem: http://clhs.lisp.se/Body/24_aba.htm If Elisp had a better, more programmable reader, this would be the way to solve it IMO João >