On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:34 PM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 21.10.2019 16:15, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > it was that we shouldn't make the decision before we have > > a good understanding of the problem beyond the specific issue with > > .dir-locals.el > > I think we do, they are just spread evenly across this discussion. > > 1. Flycheck will have to duplicate the same filename check. And IDK if > the same problem applies to other similar files mentioned in this > discussion. I can't find the beginning of this discussion. The current > thread starts with Lars's "Makes sense to me" in my email client. > > 2. elisp-completion-at-point will need to add the same check and do > something different to give better results when such file is being > edited. E.g. currently where the user types a variable name is suggests > functions only (in .dir-locals.el). > > 3. (add-hook 'after-load-functions > #'elisp--font-lock-flush-elisp-buffers) seems strictly unnecessary in > such files. > > 4. project-vc-external-roots-function should probably be nil, but it's > not really hurting anyone. > Add `which-function-mode` to the list, please, also produces bogus results. João